Lunch Program Fees
Lunch Program fees are collected to cover the cost of lunchroom supervisors hired to assist with supervision over the lunch hour, incidentals provided to students.
Edmonton Public Schools Board Policy IH.BP states:
Schools shall provide lunch-time supervision at school for elementary and junior high students whose parents request the service and pay the required fees.
In order to calculate the cost of lunch fees accurately, lunch fees will be set by the end of September and September and October fees will be due by the 1st of October.
Lunch times for Elementary
Reversed Lunch Times for Grades 1 - 6:
Grades 1-3 will eat from 11:14 a.m. - 11:36 a.m. At 11: 36 a.m., they will get dressed and go outside to play for the remainder of the lunch break, or participate in a range of extra-curricular offerings till 12:00 p.m.
Grades 4-6 will operate on a reverse lunch hour. Grades 4-6 will quickly get dressed and go outside to play or participate in extra-curricular activities from 11:14 a.m. - 11:36 a.m. At 11:36 a.m., they will enter the building with their supervisor, take a quick washroom break, and then eat their lunch in their rooms for the remainder of the lunch hour till 12:00 p.m.
Having reversed lunch hours will allow maximum use of the playing fields and outdoor equipment over the lunch hour. If students are required to stay inside for recess, they will be permitted to take part in a variety of supervised indoor activities.
Lunch Times for Grades 7-9
Grades 7-9 students will have their own lunch period from 12:31 - 1:12. They will eat lunch in the common area upstairs or their classroom and then either go outside or be under the supervision of a teacher in the common area.
Students Leaving the Building during School Hours
If your child is required to leave the building during school hours, please email the Teacher and the Office (email@example.com) with the time for pickup and whether or not you are picking them up or they are walking. If you are picking them up for an appointment, please call when you get to the parking lot and we will send them out. If you child is leaving for lunch, we require an email or phone call from a parent giving them permission. We would ask you to remind them to stop in the office as they leave and check in at the office when they return. If you have any questions, please call the school office 780-439-2717.
Lunch Program Expectations
- All students are expected to behave appropriately.
- Students are expected to eat lunch quietly at their own desks.
- Students are not to share food (due to possible allergies).
- Students need to bring their own utensils for eating.
- After lunch, students should clean up their own area and putting any trash in the garbage.
- Students should listen to the lunch supervisor and follow all instructions.
- Students need to move quickly between eating and going outside or vice versa.
- Students will use the washroom before starting to eat, or on being dismissed to go outside.
- Students who are registered in the lunch program are to remain on campus unless they have been signed out by a parent or guardian at the office.
Any student who exhibits inappropriate behaviour will be dealt with immediately by the lunchroom supervisor, teacher or administrator. If the behaviour persists, a student may have their lunch program privileges suspended and alternate arrangements for lunch would need to be made by the parent.
- We are a NUT FREE school. Due to a number of students who have severe nut allergies, we ask that you do not send any products with nuts in your child’s lunch.
- No glass containers are to be brought to school because of the safety factor.
- Students will need to bring a cold lunch or use thermoses for hot items. Due to Occupational Health and Safety regulations, there will be no microwaves available in the lunch program.